Note: For the 2022-2023 school year, we are still accepting applications for all grades.
Join Our Family
St. Finn Barr Catholic School invites you to consider our school for the education of your child. Admissions for the 2023-2024 school year is under way now. Please refer to the "Admissions Process" section below for details on how to schedule a visit.
We offer competitive tuition and many opportunities for students in grades K-8 to excel and achieve – a quality academic program, physical education, musical enrichment, art, religious instruction, sports and athletics, a student garden, diversity in culture and ethnicity, and a safe, family-friendly environment.
Siblings and parishioners are given first priority in admissions. All other families are considered based upon date of application and familial commitment to the shared endeavor of education.
Monday: 7:55AM - 2:00PM
Tuesday-Friday: 7:55AM - 3:00PM
Minimum Day Hours: 7:55AM - 12:30PM
The St. Finn Barr Admissions Process
- Tour/Application: School tours are offered, in-person, on Thursdays at 9:00am from October through December. Parents are welcome to contact the school via phone (415-333-1800) or email (email@example.com) to schedule a tour at an alternate date/time. We are also happy to connect you with currently enrolled families to allow for another perspective on school life. Please submit an application prior to scheduling a tour.
☘️To schedule a school tour, please click here!
- Kindergarten applicants: Kindergarten applicants are assessed 1:1 with our Kindergarten teacher during Kindergarten Assessment Day (Jan). Applicants must be 5 years old by September 1st and are welcome to apply throughout the year -- as new families are welcomed based upon availability. All Kindergarten assessments are by appointment only, scheduled for students who have an application on file.
- 1st-8th grade applicants: The Shamrock Shadow Day (typically a full day on campus for students already in grade K-7) allows the student to gain a better sense of the learning environment and culture of the school, while also providing the classroom teachers with the opportunity to assess their learning needs.
- Registration: Once the acceptance decision has been made, families are formally invited to register. The priority registration period opens in February. Classroom positions are secured by the remittance of a $500 non-refundable registration fee, and students are ready to attend once their full registration packets (transcripts, immunizations, tuition, etc.) have been completed.
- Orientation: Once new families have registered, they are oriented to the school through the New Parent Orientation in August just before the start of the year.
We look forward to welcoming you!
St. Finn Barr Catholic School
RACIAL NON-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
St Finn Barr, mindful of its mission to be witness to the love of Christ for all, admits student of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to or make available to students at this school. St Finn Barr does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, gender or disability in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.